Monday, July 13, 2009

Which of these things is not like the other?

Soon after I moved to St. Louis, two more girls moved into the ward and we instantly became best friends. There was a time where we were inseparable, doing everything together. Oh except those many nights of watching Dirty Dancing in the basement so we wouldn't get caught, somehow there were just two of us.
This was all during our awkward puberty years and it's obvious in this picture. Really?...........really. Those glasses are horrible, I don't even know what I was thinking other than "don't smile with your mouth open so you don't show your braces." Very similar to my 8th grade picture where I just look pissed.


Then there's this next photo. I don't remember this day too well other than L and I thinking we were so cute in our outfits so we ditched the classes at Youth Conference and walked around the University where we were at and took "modeling" pictures of each other and even tried to meet some local college boys that were there for the summer but no such luck. Hey, sounds like my 4 years at EFY. Go figure.

Then came high school where in some cases, friends drift apart. I could go on and on about my own feelings about the situation but I will spare you the stories and let you reflect on the fact that it's like water off a ducks back.




Here we are years later and, well ................ does it seem to you that I am the only one who still looks the same? Have I even gone through puberty? Probably not since I'm the only one NOT married and NOT pregnant. And at this Open House/Baby Shower, in no way did I ever feel sad or depressed about that......................................really! I was actually happy where my life was, what I have accomplished, the things I was doing, where I am now and the person I have become. Life is good!
It was good to see them after so long and even though we don't really keep in touch or see each other that often, that's ok. We each live in different states and probably won't see each other again. If we do we'll always have good times, like in Vegas......, but for now, I wish them both the best of luck in life and all the happiness. Love you girls!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Don't worry about the glasses, I had the exact same ones!

Laurel said...

few things better than being at a baby shower, happy where your life is (and for the record, you're a gorgeous tall drink of water, missy.)

I adore you.

David said...

I'm so glad I had you growing up. What were we thinking with the HUGE glasses?!? And then to add braces on top of that. Too funny.

The three of you together bring back so many memories--like fainting, water fights, TP excursions, fights over Jeff...

Good times.