Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Speak a little more clearly next time

Last week for FHE they had a fundraiser for African children. They had guys up for a silent auction, for a date. Some friends and I started to put our names down so that it would get the silent bidding going. I mean, we didn't want the guys to feel bad that they didn't have any takers. And at our age, no girl wants to be the first one to put our name on the sheet. Talk about desperate. well we definitely took one for the team and really got things rolling......... You know, for the kids.
We left before we found out the winners and I pray it's not me. I mean, I don't want my faith to be skewed because I ended up paying for a date when my actions the night before was praying for a date.
I'm just hoping the man upstairs got my request loud and clear. I'd hate to resort back to the thought that he went on vacation and the person taking over somehow wrote down the wrong thing when listening to his messages.

*update: turns out i got myself a date for $8.

6 comments:

Justin and Silvia said...

yeah you got a date !!! when is the big date?

Alli said...

Who is the lucky taker??

Kristen said...

Winner winner chicken dinner!! You must blog about your date.

Watsonville said...

Does this mean you have to pay for the date too? If not, make sure to eat $8 worth of food to at least break even.

Brooke said...

I must know who the lucky dog is. By the by, a little Bird sister told me that my name was written down for one if not more. Let's just say I'm rill rill glad I didn't win. My palms are sweaty just thinking about it...

jayna said...

hee-lar-i-ous!! can't wait to hear all about it!!