Monday, June 8, 2009

Ride to Live

I love doing things for charity. My sisters and I have always done the Race for the Cure or anything related to runs and charities, it's all for a good cause.
Well lately, I have realized that I HATE running. Actually, I don't hate running, my body hates running. It gives up before I do or quits all together.
Luckily there was an event to help kids with Muscular Dystrophy that I was able to be a part of. Thank goodness I have my license now! :)
It was the 58th annual MDA ride to Wendover. Everyone met down on state street where it was lined with bikes waiting to head out.
I had a perm a grin on my face. It reminded me of this one time over Memorial Day weekend in the DC area where my sister, mom, and I were driving around and along passes us but a giant rally of bikers. Good thing I wasn't driving because my eyes were not on the road, more on them with a single tear streaming down my cheek. It was beautiful!
It seriously brings me to my knees. I thought to myself "there is only one other thing that could possibly be better than this, and i'm not talking about the cake" I always had a dream to go to Sturgis on my honeymoon but after this, it was a must!
There were about 12 motorcycle officers lined up under a giant American flag leading all the bikers to begin lining up. We started to head out and it was like a parade of bikes, people with cameras, music playing, the works.

We set out on the high way, looking for adventure...... and about half way we pulled off to fill up and grab a beverage.......... well so did everyone else.
It was pretty sweet check'n out the other bikes, ours was the coolest though.
Not to mention those chaps, check them out- woo woo!

We got to Wendover and I rode around for a bit before heading over to the Survivor concert, yea that's right! :) It was awesome! I mean, everyone in leather singing a long to Eye of the Tiger or The Search is Over. Yea pretty much amazing. The lead singer was pack'n some serious heat....... among other things that shall remain from being pointed out
Great times had by all! It was such a great weekend and I can't wait for the next ride. I'm getting used to Bob so we'll have plenty of sweet rides in our future together. I feel the start to a beautiful thing coming on.

2 comments:

heidikins said...

Yay Hogs!

xox

jayna said...

ummmm! i have been meaning to ask how it was?!?!? and it looks like it was amazing!! can't wait for the update in person!