Tuesday, June 9, 2009

BIG BLACK BUS

Do you remember those good old days in elementary school of riding the bus home? The joy of moving up a grade only knowing that it is one step closer to the back of the bus? Some how, I mastered the art of persuading the big kids to letting me sit in the back at a earlier age/grade. I soon mastered the art of knowing when to jump just before the bump so when I came down, the timing with the bump would shoot me higher into the air. I think I even flew over the seat in front of me on one of the many times we would do this. I think the bus driver liked seeing innocent little (helpless) kids flying around that she would speed up just to see us fly (or hurt ourselves).

Well those days are long, LONG, gone........................... except for last night. My sisters neighbor has a bus that they have converted into the most unsafe kid launcher I've ever seen and it's AWESOME. We're talking removed seats to make room for the couches and love sacs. What's even better is every year he will come around, blow his TRAIN horn (that's right) and see the kids running faster than they would for the ice cream man out their doors.

Of course, everyone is happy with excitement about the ride they're about to have. Not to mention the kick'n tunes. So far, best bus sound system I've ever heard! There is a street that has several speed bumps, so of course, we took it!



What a blast! We came to a round-a-bout and of course went around it- a few 3 times! :) People were just staring at us wondering if they were watching the filming of Speed 3.
The best part was when we arrived here. I've heard that the BBB was banned from Wendy's because he would pull through the drive through, order a bus load of frosty's, and then blow that huge train horn just before pulling out.

Well, luckily he found a new Wendy's that just LOVED the visit, and business!


Unfortunately, the cold Frosty's in kids small hands combined with several speed bumps at 20 mph didn't really agree with each other, or the innocent victim that had it all over the front of her and in her hair. Good times on the Big Black Bus! You know i'll be on it come Halloween when it's all decked out in spooky decoration!

3 comments:

Justin and Silvia said...

I love it Uze !!! what a BLAST!! I want to go on a ride too ... hahaha

Watsonville said...

Would you guys stop having so much fun without me. It's not fair! I miss you all!

Brooke said...

We need to have date-night-done-right on the BBB. I'm just sayin'.