Wednesday, June 3, 2009

LIVE TO RIDE

Ever since I was 13, I have loved Harley Davidson motorcycles. I thought they were so cool. Then I met Paula. She was a lady in our neighborhood who had her own Harley and from that day forward, I wanted to be like her.
I've had my collection of little Fat Boy and Softail models, Harley Davidson checks and a check book cover, chrome mugs, road signs, t-shirts, leather pants, boots....etc.
In college, by sisters came up and surprised me for my birthday with a FAT Harley party. Everyone dressed in black & leather. We had empty bottles and bottles stacked (RB people) and even a little tattoo parlor in the back. It was sick and the cops even came by around 2 am only to leave shocked that we were all decked out and no alcohol.
A few years later I felt I needed to grow up and somehow suppressed my love for the HOG in an attempt to be more girlie.
Well that didn't last but only a few years when it just came around full circle and the lost love was found with only a more growing obsession.
So now that I'm all grown up (or I try to tell myself that) I decided it was time I lived. For my Dirty 30, I promised myself I would get closer to my dream of owning my own bike, if not own one by my next birthday.
So I enrolled myself into the Riders Edge class through Harley Davidson. Now I have riden by myself and with a passenger on back for a little over 500 miles, I knew my stuff. But I thought, I should probably make it legal to ride and make it official.
My friend Brooke and I took the class together and we were BOTH teachers pet! It was hilarious. The class was amazing and the best decision.
We passed the driving test and also the written-we rock. Now it was time to graduate. We received our Certificate of Completion for the MSF program (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) which made it official. Then the instructors presented us with another award. This was based on our range experience during class and the overall feeling and relationship with each student.
What was mine, you ask?.................................MOST LIKELY TO WEAR LEATHER
Huh, go figure right! :) And i'll tell you what, that M on my drivers license looks just as good as wearing my leather pants while riding down the road on a bike! If you look, you'll be seeing me do that this weekend!

I'll tell you what, there is nothing more enjoyable than riding, nothing more free than riding the wind, and nothing more thrilling than hearing that motor rumble, aahhh brings me to my knees. So now that I have my motorcyle endorsement, all that's left is to purchase by Cherry Softail Heritage Delux with white walled tires and saddle bags. Soon, very soon!

Until then, I'll just take the advice of a good friend:
Go forth,
two fists to the wind and
be free!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

SHUT UP!!
how DID you get so cool???

jayna said...

all i have to say is: welcome to the ranks!! you with your cherry softail, and me with my orange dream come true. lol. oh, and brooke still needs to pick on out. then it's time to rock and roll. and scare the junk out of all of our parents.

heidikins said...

yay!!!

also--when is your blog template going to be full of harley's instead of pink and green girliness? ;o)

xox

Watsonville said...

Way to live the dream. My love for such strong steal started in HS when my best friend and I wanted to go to Sturgis. You do it in my honor!

Britt M. said...

Seriously that is BAD A$$. I would love a hog but I dont think they make them small enough for me :) Thanks for being awesome and representing for the ladies!