Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I..AM...IRONMAN - part 1

Well, not me-obviously, but my friend Rita.
She has been training like a crazy person for the St. George Ironman.
Steph and I went down to meet up with friends and cheer her on.

The night started by finding a sweet picture of our good friend FIFE from his senior yearbook.


Of course we had to let him know the jewel of a find and had a hilarious conversation in our makeshift bed that I like to call the "birthing tub."  Since it was a mini version of LA's "hot tub"
Steph and I slept Yin & Yang style. It wasn't the best but better than the floor.

In the morning, it was off to the races, and we couldn't be more excited......see!

Just a few of the THOUSANDS of racers.  
Look at that guy, not that one, the other guy, he's like 60!  What a man!

The gun went off it was a whirlwind of splashes. Can you see Rita?

How about now?
Yea neither could we. BUT WOW!

So after the 2 mile swim, it was time to get on one of these and ride like the wind for 
the next 112 miles or approx 6 hours, give or take.


I snapped some sweet pics of some riders making some AWESOME faces! Pretty funny. The Coug is for all you Y fans out there and that's our girl #290 aka Smiles for miles.  
I didn't ever see her NOT smiling the entire race.


Off for the next 112 miles.

1 comment:

GladysJem said...

are you kidding? i can TOTALLY see rita ;)