Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Mind Blowing Mayhem

I have several things running through my mind right now that I could possibly do 4 or 5 posts. So I will break down the randomness for you. Here we go and stay with me:

1. "Brittany Murphy dies after collapsing in shower".....this is tragic and hit's too close to home!
2. This weekend I found myself crying several times just from watching and hearing a cellist and violins play. It was so beautiful but also made me miss playing and wanting to learn again. Where is my old violin?
3. I LOVE getting things in the mail. Letters, packages, post cards, anything. I should be receiving 3, yes THREE packages from three people I LOVE very soon and I can't wait. This year, Santa will be coming in a USPS truck sporting a blue suit.
4. Did anyone watch Christmas In Washington last night? Did anyone else find it awkward to watch a Jew sing about baby Jesus to a Muslim?
5. But.......more Cherry Cherry Christmas please. In watching the video, I can't seem to stop staring at those wholly catepillar eyebrows of his while at the same time counting how many of his songs he is referencing in this Christmas delight. How many sell out can you count? I do love him though!
6. Um, these actually look good & my mouth may or may not be watering right now. Berry Christmas, just sayin'
7. In the season of giving, I'm going to "give" a shout out to my newest known blog fan Steph in Vegas! Holla! :)
8. I want to be at Starbucks in a big leather chair sipping hot chocolate, listening to their christmas cd and reading the latest design magazine instead of sitting here at work.
9. I REALLY need to post my Greece pictures before it isn't exciting anymore.
10. This picture totally creeps me out!
For one, she looks HUGE. And is that a see through nightie or did the artist really mean to paint her gown the same color as the chair. No wonder she looks like Baby Huey's mom.
Second, the man cradling the frail old lady like she was some kind of puppet. I mean look at those fake puppet legs dangling over his arm. Good thing we can see both hands because I was expecting to have his hand (that looks broken) behind her pulling the string that makes her mouth move. Seriuosly, those proportions are WAY off. Look how small her bum is.
Lastly, is the reason they are both shown in chairs because the young mother is rocking her poor son who is now an adult because she feels bad that he was born without a right leg?
And what's with the pee stain on the wall under the random wall light? Seriously, the illustrator for this did quite the half ass-ed watercolor job.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow... I have been thinking about all of those same things today, too. Weird.

Erickson Family said...

Woot!! Thanks for the shout-out! I just want you to know that I fell in love with you when I read your post about your little circus act. I was even more impressed when I went a little further to read about your love for motorcycles!! I can't believe that Tammy called me OUT!! :) I'm so glad she did! Thanks for being such a great Aunt to those girls... just remember... I'm their favorite! Lots of love to you!