Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waddly -Atcha

So Monday I went to the gym to do some Hard Core Abs and Body Pump. It is now Wednesday and I CAN'T WALK! Just imagine in your mind one of the following:
1. I have the biggest wedgie EVER
2. I am 9 months pregnant and waddle everywhere
3. I have two, count them 2 prosthetic legs.

I went to get lunch today and it started out with me waddling down the stairs. The less I bend my knees the better it feels. I get to my car and practically have to recline myself into the seat bracing myself on the door and steering wheel. Then once I arrive, I have to get out of the car which requires just as much work getting in. I start walking to the door and realize I am taking my sweet A time. I'm worse than my grandpa! Going up the (4) steps was no good so I opted for the mile long Handi-ramp when I left.
I haven't even left my chair to pee ALL DAY because I know how much the squat is going to hurt plus if I give in and actually sit down, i'll have to roll myself back and forth until I get enough momentum to stand without actually putting forth any effort or strain.

And that's just the bottom half. Don't get me started on how bad my arms hurt and that I almost got stuck getting into my hooded sweatshirt today.

So if you see me anytime soon and you notice an uncomfortable waddle, either push me over so I can rest or give me a walker.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Um, that happens to me when I think about doing a crunch. Is that bad?

Watsonville said...

Welcome to my world the last 3 months. Don't sit on the ground thinking you are getting some sweet relief for a moment. Getting back up is a bear. Really, I look like a huge crippled bear rocking back and forth trying to grasp at anything to get enough support to pull myself up. I usually end up grabbing one of the kids and taking them down with me. It's a sad site to see. At least yours is due to getting in shape!

Alli said...

I am still laughing about you walking down the stairs last night. I should have offered to put you on my back or something...

Erin:) said...

well...i guess thats what you get for looking so dang cute after a work out!!! you made us all look bad!:) and i dont even REMEMBER the last time i worked out:) you have to have some sort of punishment:) lol:)