Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chocolat

I went to Hatch Family Chocolates for by far the BEST hot chocolate ever.
Now I can honestly say I am a connoisseur of the fine hot beverage and even frequent the Startbucks and Beans & Brews about twice a week. I even have my own concoction that I've mastered.
But Hatch's, now there is one fine beverage that doesn't need any changes made whatsoever.
It's not your ordinary steamed milk with chocolate added, it's back to the basics. Pure melted chocolate with some milk added.
Talk about "choco-river!" If I didn't drink it with the lid on, I would have had the nicest choco-stache ever made!


And to top it off, I got a turtle that i've been craving ever since! I mean check out that caramel! And the nougat, HELLO! :)

Seriously people, it's amazing and if any of you want to venture there to try it out, call me. If you have been and are craving it like I am, pick me up!

I will have to warn you: If you don't eat pure chocolate very much, myself included, you may find yourself with a sugar high or headache later on in the day, like I did. But I tell you what, it is WAY worth it.

I'm afraid that if I go back i'll hear in the back of my mind, "Augustus, save some room for later!"

4 comments:

Watsonville said...

I am so jealous! You know my love for hot chocolate and my constant hunt for the good stuff! Nothing has come close to the hot chocolat we had on the train in Switzerland. I want to fly out to Europe just for that drink. Please show me the way next time I am out there!!! You always find the best treats! When does your "best tasting food club" meet?

Stephanie said...

no no no...you cannot introduce me to something else I will love (but my waist will not!!!) but seriously, that turtle looks amazing! Love the Willy Wonka reference!

bex said...

plus, run by little people. the way true chocolate should be made.

jayna said...

oh, i NEVER get headaches from too much chocolate!! let's go!! (ok, in april). lol!