Friday, May 9, 2008

Say WHAAAAT?

Have you ever had that song that you just rock out to? Have you even had a song you just sing at the top of your lungs? What about in the closet? My sisters and I used to play a game, it didn't really have a name but this is what it was. Stick you in the closet with the tape player and headset and with another tape recorder, record yourself singing along. Then you would come out and we would all listen to it and laugh because you can't hear the music, just your attempt to sing like them and your interpretation of the words. There really was no interpretation for me, I LOVED those songs and I KNEW the words.......only to be corrected.

Here let me give you some examples:

Rolling Stones- Beast of Burden

The Real Words: "I'll never be your beast of burden"
Interpretation : "I'll never leave your beef stew burning"

Loverboy- Almost Paradise

The Real Words: "Almost paradise, we're looking on heaven's door"
Interpretation: "Almost pair of dice, we're knocking on heaven's door"

Madonna- La Isla Bonita

The Real Words: "Last night I dreamt of San Pedro"
Interpretation: "Last night I dreamt of some bagel...s"

Falco- Rock Me Amadeus

The Real Words: "Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus"
Interpretation: "hot potata's, hot potata's, hot potata's

REO Speedwagon- Can't Fight This Feeling

The Real Words: "you're a candle in the window on a cold dark winters night"
Interpretation: "you're a candle in the window on a corn dog with a knife"

Destiny's Child- Lose My Breath

The Real Words: "baby boy, make me lose my breath"
Interpretation: "be my boy, if you don't smoke crack"

Take That- Back for Good
"whatever I said, whatever I did I didn't mean it...."

The Real Words: "I just want you back for good. Want you back, want you back..."
Interpretation: "Just watch your back for good. Watch your back, watch your back..."

I know we have all done the same thing but this right here, is even better than any English on English misinterpretation:




"......................tulibu dibu douchooo!"

Haa ha haaa!

What are some songs you thought the words were something else?

Uzi

6 comments:

Watsonville said...

Ken Leee. This is one of the funniest things ever! And man, I loved that game. Although now it's a game I seem to be playing every day with Walker. Still love him!

John Quintana said...

I was actually introduced to this video in San Francisco by someone from the ward! Maybe there's some sort of connection???

But I saw the video where she made it on the show and everyone was loving her to death.

Wow.

I actually felt kind of bad watching it. :P

John Quintana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

B: "...blinded by the light. Wrapped up like a douche, another boner in the night..."

Mom: Who taught you those words!

B: It's a song, mom. What do they mean?

Mom: ask your father.

Watsonville said...

To what braddock wrote, does anyone know the real words to that song? I have been trying to figure it out since HS like 15 yrs ago. Help a girl out here!

Uzi said...

The actual lyrics to that is:

"Blinded by the light. Revved up like a deuce another runner in the night."