Thursday, August 13, 2009

Parties, Pictures, and Pickles?

So my sisters and I spend almost 6 months planning for my mom's surprise 60th birthday party. We spend hours and weeks on the decorations and all day setting up, that come party time, we forgot to take any pictures of our accomplishment, which turned out amazing. Instead, we took a family picture and posed like we were back at the prom!


Then there was the tea party. Princesses and Pirates was what we went for and here you can see some pretty feisty pirates and one pissed off princess.
AWESOME!

We had each of the kids write down something they wanted to do the next week. I tied them each to a balloon and the kids released them so the "wish fairy" could get them.




Now here's my favorite moment of the week. We were hanging out at my sisters house and we were all exhausted. So what did we do, we came up with our own games and activities for the kids. I taught the kids Colored Eggs which is my favorite night game as a child. The kids loved it and had so much fun. Then we played a game of "Guess that Taffy". Never played? Well probably because we made it up. Tam happened to have a bag of taffy in her cupboards so we pulled it out and began the game. The kids had to close their eyes as we put a piece of taffy in their mouth. They had to guess what flavor it was. It went a little something like this......



And this is what happens when us Uzi's do what we do best, take it one step further.......



What's sick is that we used to play this game all the time when we were younger and
no parents were home, which was ALOT!
Good times were had FOR SURE!

3 comments:

Glady said...

those prom pictures cracked me up. you uzi girls sure are a hoot!

Laurel said...

true uzi fashion indeed
(and the prom pics cracked me up!)

jayna said...

look at you being the best entertainer ever!! love the balloons. AND i'm glad you are finally feeling better....

j