Friday, March 28, 2008

What a woman.....week, I mean WEEK!

Three things happened this week that all have something to do with or in my car.

1. I went 432 miles on one tank of gas. Usually, I'm lucky if I push 398. Aw Yea!

2. So after almost running low and out of gas I pulled into a station to fill up. As I'm finishing, a friendly attendant walks over to me and says:

"You look like somebody I know but better. . . . .
I don't know if I should apologize or not, what do you think?"

ME: "I think you should apologize to them"

We laugh and I get in my car. I'm thinking that was pretty hilarious so I begin to write this all down. I notice him walking back over to my car so I roll down the window and then he says to me:
"Are you waiting for me to say goodbye or your husband to come out?
Because if he's 6'4" and 320 lbs, I'll pretend I don't know you"

Oh, did I mention to you that he's about 65 years old?

3. Earlier this week I got pulled over by the finest officer of the Utah Highway Patrol of SLC.

The down side: The sun was in my eyes.

The up side: The effect of the sun in my
big, beautiful, blue-green-gray eyes
left him mesmerized
and
left me with a warning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) I've always wondered what it would be like to drive on nothing but fumes.
2) REALLY funny! :)
3) I have YET to meet a law enforcement officer who has given me a warning after looking into my blue-green (but not gray) eyes. It's discrimination! The ratio of men to women in the police force across our nation gives little opportunity for a handsome young man to EVER get the treatment (i.e.: warnings) that female drivers get. Where's the justice?!?! :)

Glady said...

have i told you that you are my idol? I think I have, but this post is one of the reasons why you are.

<3

Laurel said...

I want to be you when I grow up.
That's all.
FUNNY.