Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Should Have Been A Girlscout!

I'm home now from my brief vacation in Utah and as I am unpacking, I find myself reorganizing a lot of things in my closet. I have a tendency to be a little O.C.D sometimes and here you can see a good example of this by my many organized and categorized stacks which consist of:
  1. My sweaters which I never wear because I live in San Francisco and all you need is a light jacket and occasionally a scarf (which I have a whole hook full)
  2. My jeans which are all Lucky's (gotta loved that 60% off discount)
  3. My crappy pants and capris that I wear for painting not to mention my overalls from 1997 that I can't seem to get rid of. (..."word"....)
  4. My favorite stack which is my dress ups that are...........ready?............
    1. 60's: Short denim mini dress with matching clunky shoes. ok so it's closer to 70's.
    2. 70's: ugly bright colored pants with matching halter and jacket
    3. 80's: Sweet black leather skirt, short denim shirt, several leg warmers, sweatshirt that hangs off the shoulder, etc.
    4. 90's: All black Bat Woman with cape and kick a*# boots
    5. Celebrity: Paris Hilton outfit including pink Juicy jump suit, wig, big sunglasses, "that's hot" tshirt and even Tinkerbell (her dog) in a little purse.
    6. And let's not forget my "grease" bag of goodies including fake cigarettes that puff smoke, shades, and pom poms. A red boa and random jewelry.
    7. Let's not forget the most important of all: Corn Dog On A Stick outfit! Can I interest anyone in some hand pounded lemonade?
  5. A stack of bulky sweatshirts that I love when it's cold at night and I'm hanging around the house. On top of these are my sweat skirts for when I don't want to wear pants (and they're super comfortable!)
  6. A stack of my favorite zip up and hooded sweatshirts that I wear when it's cold and I don't feel like getting all dressed up or even picking out anything to wear.
  7. A pile of hats that I have which are a red polo baseball hat, a straw beach hat, a pink snow hat that matches my pink scarf, and a pink rain hat that matches my pink rain coat. Now the question is, have you ever seen me wear a hat? Why do I still have these?
  8. A stack of purses and bags.
Ok, I am not much of a purse person. I don't like having to hold on to things as i'm walking around. Even having something hang on my shoulder is annoying. Plus, no one needs to carry as much crap that gets put into purses and bags unless you are a mom, then it's required.
I'm even suprised I have as many bags and purses as I do.


In going through these bags, it's amazing that in all the small pockets of every bag I found these;


Talk about being prepared!

Just because our family was banned from joining the Girl Scouts of America (after they kicked my sister out because the rest of us kids ate her entire cookie order in the back of the wood paneled wagon) or the fact that I have only completed 1 1/2 years of girls camp even though my mom was the stake camp director all my life does not mean can't survive on my own or even be prepared.
I'm surprised there wasn't a tube of chapstick, or lip grease as I like to call it, in there too. But hey, that's what my pocket is for!

Now it's time to repack for my next trip in 2 days. Let's see what I don't wander off doing instead!

4 comments:

Erica said...

girl, i'm in hysterics over here. you're killing me smalls. where's your next trip? good luck packing!

Watsonville said...

I allways wondered what went on in your head and now I know what goes on in your closet. I'm right there with you. I guess those years at the gap really does something for you mentally. You're awesome.

Watsonville said...

P.S. During your reorganization, keep in mind I welcome hand-me-downs.

Erica said...

uzi, you're a fellow gapper?!? aaahhh, veteran on board!