Thursday, November 6, 2008

I don't do politics

I don't get into politics.

I don't talk politics

I don't have a strong opinion about politics because when discussing politics, it becomes a personal attack between two parties and ends in a heated argument and when all is said and done, it's all a matter of opinion.


Sure we should all have our opinion and when it comes to certain things I have mine, but I tend to not to share them because I don't want to change anyone elses freedom of thinking.

I'm more open to hearing and accepting rather than debating and judging.


I was asked to be a guest writer on a good friends blog because of my wit and humor.

Sure, I can do that.

The subject was Proposition 8.

Yea, I can't do that.


First of all, there's nothing funny about Proposition 8 when it's such a personal issue with religion, and lifestyle.

I mean, I can be funny on the matter but I would end up doing what I do, offending people somewhere down the line of readers on their opinions and beliefs.


I chose not to write based on this reasoning.

I even thought in my head what I would write and each time I came up with supporting examples to what I was thinking it would end up funny, witty, or in a way that I know would cause room for debate and alot of uproar.


So instead of me telling you how I feel, and even though I do have an opinion about the matter and how important families are, I don't care.

I do care about the legal definition of "family"

I don't care how a person chooses to live their life.

There is a big difference and it involved both coming full circle with Proposition 8.


So I can't say "I don't care" about Proposition 8 because I do.

I can say, or laugh, to what has been written in this article.

Because, without offending other lifestyles, there are more important things to consider when marriage comes into play.


3 comments:

Watsonville said...

The only two people I absolutely enjoy watching debate any political view or opinion is Tammy and Laurel. That is pure entertainment!

David said...

I've never witnessed Tammy and Laurel debate. Can we set up a schedule?...Maybe post something on YouTube? I can only imagine how entertaining it would be!

Laurel said...

for the record, it's not nearly as fun anymore ever since Tam came over to the "right" side of issues and calls me every election day asking who to vote for.
But, OH, how I love getting TWO votes every year.