Friday, February 8, 2008

Reality Check

What could be worse?

A. Going to a funeral on a Friday night
B. Going to a funeral on a Friday night and it turning into a reunion of people you grew up with
C. Going to a funeral on a Friday night and it turning into a reunion of people you grew up with, including your Junior Prom Date, in which you realize of all the people you are seeing you are the only one of your friends who is still single
or
D. To escape the questions of "why are you not married?" or "I can't believe some guy hasn't snatched you up yet" you head home only to be reminded that you live in the basement of your parent's condo with your 34 year old brother who is phlirting (phone flirting) with some girl from Arkansas.
The only thing that could complete that is if the "condo" were DOWN BY THE RIVER!

"But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5AM! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself.......That's fantastic!"

What I really want to say is

"GET THAT CORN OUTTA MY FACE!"


Don't worry, I wouldn't change anything about my past one bit and at the rate I'm going, the future's lookin' so bright, I gotta wear shades! I'm just glad I can actually laugh about this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side...the condo is NOT down by the river! You've got it made.

Is it wrong that I'm jealous that you got to see people from St. Chuck? And who was it that died?

Anonymous said...

Never mind about the second paragraph of my last post. I'm SO not jealous of one person you saw (i.e.: reference to prom). I still hold a grudge against that person and I so need to get over it. And I know who the funeral was for...give Ty a hug for me. His dad was a great man!

Later gator!

Uzi said...

wait, what? You're holding a grudge? Why what happened?

Well good thing I didn't put up the picture because THAT could have been worse. Wait no, I know it would have been, that's why I didn't (and yes I even got it out last night)

Oh the torture of adolescence!

Anonymous said...

You got THE picture out?!? You're killing me! :)

And just what is the photo for your profile? I can't quite make out what you're doing.

As for the grudge, it was built up over the years. Jealousy, partly, that he got anything he wanted from a rich grandmother. He had no concern for the well-being of others. And then he capped it by busting the futon I won at the senior party of FHHS. It was the only piece of furniture we had after we got married and he busted it. Trivial things, really. I need to grow up! :)

Laurel said...

You DO need to grow up, Dave. But, I love that now everyone knows he busted the futon.

And let me just say, Uzi, YOU made the "reality check" of the funeral a little more bearable. And captured it MUCH better than I could have.

Anonymous said...

And THAT's why I hesitate to put anything personal out there on the web. Now "everyone" knows and somehow someday...I'll grow up and laugh about a silly old futon.

Uzi said...

Well Dave, no one really knows because not that many people know I have a blog. Plus, I refuse to use peoples names or talk about personal stuff.

So don't worry, you don't have to grow up just yet.