Thursday, May 14, 2009

Simplicity

I tend to laugh when I notice myself going through phases. This could be from fashion to music to even a lifestyle. We all go through changes in order to find our true, natural, selves and some can be an amazing journey while others are pretty much embarrassing.
Through out my life, how ever many changes I have gone through, I still find those few little areas of thought and belief that still hold true to my heart. I find that I don't share them too often with people, because it's not about making a statement or letting people know I have a new phase. It's those things that I truly believe in and will always live my life to obtain because it's who I am. It's me and it's what I do....or will do.
What's even better is seeing communities having the same ideas of a simple lifestyle that I do, AND that it actually has a name.
No I'm not GREEN or even close to being a tree hugger. And don't go think'n I'm a no bra wear'n, make my own soap, liberal sandal wearing, hemp clothing maker.
It's called Voluntary Simplicity.
Last night I decided to start with focusing on Uncluttered Simplicity.
I've got too much crap. Too much in too many random places. And of all those items, how often have I really gotten to them? First thing was first, sell all my dvd's and cds. I haven't watched one of my dvds for probably 2 years, no kidding. Why have all those cases lying around, just to say "I have that movie!" when really, you can find anything online (HULU, and Snagfilms). I had to sort through the pile a few times to really talk myself into getting rid of some. But they are being shipped out today and it feels SO good. Next are my cd's, books, pictures and even clothes.
Who want's to have a garage sale? Better than that, who want's to come to a garage sell?
This is going to be the best Spring Cleaning EVER!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Every time I move I always end up thinking, "Why do I have so much STUFF? Why do I own ANYTHING?"

But I'm still a book hoarder. It's the one thing I won't give up. Everything else can go, but my books? No way.

Brooke said...

I've been wanting to do a garage sale. Let's totally pool resources with lots of peeps and make some bank! Then we can purchase our hogs... talk about simplifying!!

Laurel said...

i've got lots o stuff.
count me in.

(i'm all about simplifying right now. AMEN.)

Watsonville said...

I'll just take it all off your hands. You've got great stuff and I've got no money. You know my address!

Britt M. said...

OMG! I am so glad you found me and posted on my blog. How are you? I know it was sad to leave MLD but atleast I got out before I got laid off, Hopefully we can work together in the future. Come see me at the mall :) Thanks again for all you did, You where always the best to work with!
~Brittney

jayna said...

um, since i still haven't wrapped my brain around the fact that i have too much stuff, i actually WANT your stuff. lol. especially your clothes!! :)